Spin finish for automotive nonwoven fibres.Back
1 Tallopol CT 39: spin finish for thermobond and needlepunch nonwovens
Spin finishes are used in the production of synthetic fibres to avoid the accumulation of static charges and to decrease the friction during the production steps, protecting the fibres from the initial spinning to the final end use.
In the automotive industry thermobond and needlepunch nonwovens are widely used for different applications. Our spin finish Tallopol CT 39 is suitable for both applications.
Tallopol CT 39 it’s optimized to reduce the deposits formation and to avoid the stenter contamination.
After 24 hours at 220°C, Tallopol CT 39 will only leave 2,8 wt.% of deposits – on average, in the same conditions, other finishes used for this application generate deposits above 6,5 wt.%.
During the production of staple fibres, to avoid air pollution and health hazards, the smoke formation in the stenter area must be avoided. For this reason, the used finish should resist the heat without generating any smoke.
In this regard Tallopol CT 39 has a smoke point of 228°C - tested with the Tegewa method at 98% of transmittance - confirming a high thermostability.
2 Tallopol CT 39 additional benefits
Tallopol CT 39 benefits includes also:
- Low fibre-metal friction for an optimal lubrication of the fibres.
- Extreme flexibility of use: it can be applied in spinning, drawing and before the crimper or cutter.
- It can be used in one or two step production processes.
- It can be used with virgin, recycled and bottle flakes PET.
- An excellent corrosion protection for metallic equipment and needles.
- It is Bluesign, GRS and ZDHC level 3 certified.
- It is FDA (CFR 21) listed.