Sizing application and testing laboratory: the only one in EuropeBack
We are proud of our long-term and strong expertise, our unique production facility for polymers, and the only Sizing application laboratory in Europe.
Thanks to these distinguishing features, we provide technical assistance service on-site worldwide.
Our lab is equipped with state-of-the-art instruments to carry out a wide range of chemical and physical tests on chemicals:
ANALYSIS OF SIZING CHEMICAL
- Active Matter, Mettler, Karl Fischer, Refractometry
- Viscosity Brookfield, Hoppler, Ford Cup
- Foaming tendency
- Stability at different temperatures
- Infrared Spectroscopy
ANALYSIS OF THE YARN
- Size pick-up
- Oil pick-up
- Humidity %
- Size type
- Tenacity elongation
- Friction test
- Warp contraction in fabric
- Acrylic acid titration
- Twist per meter
- Number of knots per meter
THE LAB MACHINES
With our Mono Yarn sizing machine with squeezing unit, drying unit, wax unit, winder, we can manage:
- Application on all kinds of yarns (staple and filament ), and all count only one bobbin sample is necessary.
- Comparison between different yarn quality and producer
- Comparison between different sizing agents and formulation
- Comparison between different sizing recipes and pick-up levels.
- Regular sizing application without interference, reproducible condition for sizing pick-up, up to 10 sizing tests per day.
Our loom simulator (Web tester-Ruti Developed by ITVP Denkendorf Germany - Institute of textile processing technology) is a complete system to simulate abrasion and tension stress endured by yarn during weaving:
- Comparison of different yarn quality for weaving performance
- Effective comparison of the different sizing agents in abrasion resistance
- Pilling formation test
ABRASION TEST FOR STAPLE FIBER
- 15 sample yarn are placed in the tester at regular pre-tension
- Tester run at 300 rpm with different abrasion angles.
- We measure after how many cycles of abrasion we have the first neps formation
- We measure after how many cycles we have yarn breakage
- Abrasion curve and averages are then pulled out
ABRASION TEST FOR FILAMENT
- It is carried out by coupling Web tester with SYFC.
- SYFC is a device able to measure the number of filaments in each yarn. In a well-sized yarn, this number is theoretical 1 (all filament linked together)
- Testing is done prior to and after abrasion to simulate loom abrasion and results are given as % of cushioned filament on the total original filament.
FILM TEST The sizing agent is a film-forming polymer. The capability to test several film characteristics helps us to develop and determine the best sizing formulation and product.
- Film Hardness – Koenig Pendulum
- Film humidity absorption at different conditions
- Film solubility at 90 °C in design conditions
- Film swelling in water (for water-jet loom size)
- Stickness test with spin-finish
SPIN FINISH COMPATIBILITY
Interaction between the sizing agent and spin finish is very important in filament sizing. Some spin finish components have the tendency to plasticize the polymer causing problem like sticking or powder formation on the loom. We have developed several techniques to test this interaction.
- Blocking test on the yarn with different spin finish (our Fiber lab can also apply spin finish on a zero finish yarn)
- Sticking test on size film
- Hardness test on film created with oil+size to see polymer plasticization in different environment
- Deposit test on friction meter, a sized filament yarn is sliding on a abrasion body to measure the amount of size drop of certain humidity and temperature conditions
Our textile lab is equipped with state-of-the-art instruments to analyze every kind of problem, related to fabric. We have a team of experts in all textile processes (spinning-warp preparation-weaving-design and dyeing and finishing process ) and we work daily on sorting out every imperfection:
- Stripes problem on fabric yarn, due to different tension sorted out by using crimp tester
- Stain problem on the fabric due to silicon sorted out by infrared analysis
- Dyeing unevenness and bad dyeability sorted out by determining residual oil and size after fabric preparation
- Fabric defects, yellowing, handfeel problem, etc.
Blocking test on the yarn with different spin finish (our Fiber lab can also apply spin finish on a zero finish yarn)
Sticking test on size film