Wastewater, how to deal with THE environmental concern topicBack
1 Addressing the issue
Wastewater is any kind of water that has been affected by man. Industrial wastewater is the by-product of industrial processes which can contain different levels of pollutants, and it is one of - maybe THE - most important environmental concern topics.
One of the major targets of Sustainable Development Goal 6 is reducing water pollution while preventing plastic pollution, and the 2021 World Environment Day launched the #GenerationRestoration campaign to actively engage with water preservation and cleaning.
Bozzetto Group, as a chemical company, cannot deny that textile industries are among the worst dangers for water preservation, both for consumption and pollution.
Having such a significant impact made us switch to the most committed actors on the scene and a powerful driver to a global change.
2 Lead the virtuous circle
So, how do we lead a virtuous circle and nurture a healthier, wiser, and more environmentally aware business? In many ways, actually.
Invest in R&D to develop better chemical products:
- free of toxic and/or harmful substances;
- highly biodegradable;
- with a lower level of BOD and COD;
- more effective (optimized quantity of chemicals needed to get the expected results).
Reclaim wastewater and transform it into reusable resources which can be used for:
- irrigation systems;
- replenishing surface water;
- fulfilling domestic and/or industrial use;
Collaborate with institutions to share a strategic approach to sustainable and profitable business:
- Be compliant with regulations
- Be supported in business revisions
- Discuss the opportunities and the limits of the current local laws
- Demanding for a global commitment
3 The importance of advocacy
Advocating water preservation and cleaner wastewater policy:
- be inspirational
- set an example for the market
- stand for the change.
We believe that a strong knowledge combined with a respectful mindset can lead to sustainable textile industry, deeply involved in improving wastewater and saving the aquatic ecosystem.