Textile finishing is the last work cycle carried out on fabrics before they are sold, and it is intended to convey a touch or an aspect other than the original one, usually aesthetically more attractive or functional.
According to the end-use of the fabric, such as clothing, furnishing, automotive, it is necessary to convey well-defined features, often in compliance with well-defined national and worldwide standards.
Our chemical auxiliaries for finishing cover a wide range of textile ennoblement options such as:
- Softeners: chemical products that confer a better feel, usually smoother and softer, to fabrics and a more draping effect. They are applied in the last stage of processing a substrate that is not subjected to any further washing. Our wide range of softeners ensures a high level of performance for any substrate and work cycle.
- Touch modifiers: (Polyurethanes, Acrylics, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyester) Unlike softeners, these products modify touch feel by making it stiffer, scroopy, fuller, or more elastic. They can be used alone or in combination with softening products.
- Easy care resins: a unique family of chemical products that confer specific easy-care or easy-iron properties to cotton, viscose, and linen. They are mainly glyoxylic resins with an extra-low formaldehyde content, applied to the fabric through padding or exhaustion during the finishing stage.
- Functional finishings: it's the process that provides textile substrates with specific performance properties. This kind of finishing is not specific to technical fabrics. Our products can treat substrates to achieve the following results:
- Water- and Oil-repellency
- Anti-static properties
- Anti-pilling properties
- Flame retardancy
- Hydrophilizing agents
Our chemical auxiliaries for finishing are mainly applied for padding, and they guarantee top performance levels and an exceptional yarn and fabric yield, also on non-woven fabrics.